Procedures for bottling

Gestart door Swedishbrewer, 14-02-2020 10:38 u

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

Swedishbrewer

When Iam going to bottling my beer then I usually add the sugarsolution mixed with new yeast in my Grainfather cylinderconical fermenter.
The sugarsolution dissolves quite well, but a lot of the yeast flocks and sinks to the cone. As a result, alcoholstronger beers have less carbondioxide.
To get a better mix I think I can transfer the beer to a cornykeg or bottling bucket and then shake it sometimes during the bottle process. The advantage with the cornykeg is that I can get it basically oxygen free.
Another way is to add the new yeast directly to the bottle, but it seems hard.

What do you think is the best solution?
How do you usually do yourself when bottling?
How do the breweries get such a good mix in their bottles?

Nick H.

First of all, I never add any yeast before botteling. There should be plenty of viable yeast cells normally.
It is not clear to me if the yeast collecting on the bottom is old or new!

Firstly you should get rid of the old yeast.
Add the sugar solution (and fresh yeast) and bottle immediately.

Sometimes yeast may flocculate and collect at the bottom. To overcome this problem many homebrewers shake the bottles up side down to keep the yeast in the  suspension once or twice a week. Try it and you may be surprised.
 :degroeten:

CeesM

Everyone have another procedure to bottle his beer.
I use a SS Brewtech Chronical 7 to ferment the beer. After the mainfermenting I dump the yeast from the bottom with the bottom valve, and let go the secundary fermenting. When the beer gets clear I start the bottle procedure. I put the unsolved sugar with the same dose in the cleaned and satinized bottles. Then I fill the bottles strait from the fermenter using the upper valve and crone it. I have never add yeast for bottling.

Tags:

Zoeken met Google op deze site.
Brouwspullen zijn ook te koop via Bol.com.
Als je iets bestelt bij Bol.com (ook andere zaken dan brouwspullen) via deze link steun je het forum.

Het boek van de beheerder van deze site.