Recepten > For our non-Dutch speaking friends

Foam stability

<< < (4/4)

Swedishbrewer:

--- Citaat van: EBC op 01-12-2019  14:46 u ---Do they really leave their beer in tanks for 4-8 weeks?

--- Einde van citaat ---
A well known brewery in belgium leave their beer in storage tanks 3-6 weeks in 4 to 10 degrees.
Another 6 weeks at 0 degrees. Another below 0 degrees in 3 weeks.
A famous trappist brewery 4-6 weeks at 10 degrees. Another famous trappistbrewery 4 weeks at 8 degrees.

8 weeks may have been a bit excessive. But it is a long time in cold temperatures.

EBC:

--- Citaat van: Swedishbrewer op 01-12-2019  18:16 u ---A well known brewery in belgium leave their beer in storage tanks 3-6 weeks in 4 to 10 degrees.
A famous trappist brewery 4-6 weeks at 10 degrees. Another famous trappistbrewery 4 weeks at 8 degrees.

8 weeks may have been a bit excessive. But it is a long time in cold temperatures.

--- Einde van citaat ---

I know a Belgian brewer that sells their lager 12 days after brewing. I must add that this is the most high tech brewery in the world. But still.
I do not believe the many weeks stories.

SanderH:

--- Citaat van: Swedishbrewer op 01-12-2019  18:16 u ---A well known brewery in belgium leave their beer in storage tanks 3-6 weeks in 4 to 10 degrees.

--- Einde van citaat ---

That is what they are selling to you, the appearance of a "craft" brewed beer. Non of them want to have the beer in a tank longer than needed because it costs money if it is in a tank for longer times, it is not yet bottled and sold, so it is costing money.

Don't buy into those marketing scheme's , they are there just to make you believe that you are getting something better than you actually are.

Swedishbrewer:

--- Citaat van: SanderH op 08-12-2019  14:12 u ---That is what they are selling to you, the appearance of a "craft" brewed beer. Non of them want to have the beer in a tank longer than needed because it costs money if it is in a tank for longer times, it is not yet bottled and sold, so it is costing money.

Don't buy into those marketing scheme's , they are there just to make you believe that you are getting something better than you actually are.

--- Einde van citaat ---

Interesting. Have you work in a bigger brewery?
How long time is enough to coldstorage after primary fermentation?

Wolter:

--- Citaat van: Swedishbrewer op 27-11-2019  17:08 u ---Yes I mean lager time. When the beer matures in cold storage tank. The purpose of this should probably be to get rid of old yeast and get the beer clearer from rests of hops and malts. The latter should probably have negative effects on the foamstability.
I have myself problem with foamstability in my beer with long storagetime in both warmer and colder degrees.

--- Einde van citaat ---

Maybe the reason for your foam stabillity problems is to be found somewhere else in de proces. A lot of foam problems also start with stress during the fermentation. Overpitching can have a negatieve effect.

You can also try to mash in at 54C and directly warm up to your first mash step from there to see if this will bring a change.

Med vänlig hälsning

Navigatie

[0] Berichtenindex

[*] Vorige pagina

Naar de volledige versie