Recepten > For our non-Dutch speaking friends

Foam stability

<< < (3/4) > >>

EBC:

--- Citaat van: Swedishbrewer op 30-11-2019  20:45 u ---Thank you for answer. How to make a beer shiny while having a very good foam stability? Even the most genuine you can imagine Westvleteren has hopextract in their beer.
If most commercial Belgian brewers have hopextract. Why shouldn't you have it then?

--- Einde van citaat ---

Do you know which other adjuncts your beloved Belgian Brewers use?
I could name 15 of them for starts, more if you wish. Such a shame.

You do not need hop extracts and such. Water, malt hops and yeast. Sugar is ok too. If you cannot brew proper beer with these 5, get back to the benches and learn.

EBC:

--- Citaat van: Jacques op 30-11-2019  20:49 u ---EBC does not like additions. He is a big fan of the Reinheitsgebot ...

--- Einde van citaat ---
He is a big fan of brewing natural beers. Malt, natural hops, yeast, water, sugar, herbs if you like. No more.

But no other artificial stuff, no. Been too much in the industry to know what is used. Shame.

Eric111:
I support EBC completely, i have a very good foam stability in all of my beers with only using water, malt, hops, yeast and sometimes sugar (no herbs anymore because they are not needed when choosing the right yeast and doing the fermenting temperature controlled).

I don't like brewing my beer with any additional stuff at all.  :degroeten:

Swedishbrewer:

--- Citaat van: EBC op 30-11-2019  22:55 u ---Do you know which other adjuncts your beloved Belgian Brewers use?
I could name 15 of them for starts, more if you wish. Such a shame.

You do not need hop extracts and such. Water, malt hops and yeast. Sugar is ok too. If you cannot brew proper beer with these 5, get back to the benches and learn.

--- Einde van citaat ---

No I can not. I've been naive and thought that most breweries in Belgium have no additives in their beers.
I know very well what affects foam stability in the brewing process as well as the use of ingredients.
Skip the protein rest, mash a shorter time, dont boil to hard, use low alfahops (to get more polyfenols), magnesium and calcium affects,  use unmodified barley, wheat or oats and so on.
I have not had any problems in the past with shorter storage time in the fermenter.  Its only now with longer storagetime in the fermenter which I started to have problems with foamstability.
What is your solution for this?

EBC:
Do they really leave their beer in tanks for 4-8 weeks?

Navigatie

[0] Berichtenindex

[#] Volgende pagina

[*] Vorige pagina

Naar de volledige versie