Wort aeration methods

Gestart door Wamser, 07-03-2016 16:44 u

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

Wamser

Hello guys

I know the oxygen is very important for yeast growth and reproduction...
Yeast must grow and reproduce first, before actually fermenting the wort to make beer.
Commercial breweries typically shoot for 8 to 10 ppm dissolved oxygen in wort prior to fermentation

There are three approaches typically use to oxygenate wort; agitation, splashing and injection of either air or pure oxygen.

I use the agitation... but I will buy this:
Eagle Brewing BE510 Siphon Spray Wort Aerator

I would be know how make in netherlands...Agitation? splashing...?

:degroeten:

VtX

I think all methods are used here, everyone has their own preference or sometimes lack of choices due to setup or budget.
If you translate the forum you're bou d to find topics with pros and cons of pure oxygen vs filtered "plain air" and all the methods.
So I guess anything goes and try what works best for you.
Sharing your experiences is much appreciated though ;)

hobbybob

Well I mostly (read always) use the "slash" methode never had any problems, although now I'am hesitating before I  start with my Westvleteren 12 clone.

I've made 5 gallons off 'starter"beer OG 1040 pitched it with one WPL530 and it didn't go further then 74% thats not good enough

Same brew with the Forbidden fruit from Wyeast went all the way to 84%

Wamser

Citaat van: Wamser op 07-03-2016  21:34 ulLoks good.

Well, I will use pure oxygen injection...

Thamerdal

Citaat van: Wamser op 08-03-2016  14:52 uWell, I will use pure oxygen injection...

Okay, how? And where can I buy it?

Wamser

Citaat van: Thamerdal op 08-03-2016  16:00 uOkay, how? And where can I buy it?

http://www.ranacaregroup.com/home-oxygen/portable-equipment/portable-oxygen-cylinders

Tags:

Zoeken met Google op deze site.
Brouwspullen zijn ook te koop via Bol.com.
Als je iets bestelt bij Bol.com (ook andere zaken dan brouwspullen) via deze link steun je het forum.

Het boek van de beheerder van deze site.