Wyeast activator smack pack met dubbele nutrient zak?

Gestart door Ronnie, 06-12-2011 21:56 u

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

Raymond293

Een beetje in het verlengde van dit verhaal... ik vind de naamgeving "smack" pack ook wat misleidend.
Als je als een razende op het smackpack gaat rammen gebeurt er helemaal niks met het binnenzakje.

Gewoon rustig het zakje opzoeken, naar een hoekje brengen en vervolgens druk uitoefenen, geen centje pijn.
Het zou eigen een PressPack moeten heten ;D

Citaat van: 12345 op 26-06-2012  18:50 uHelder. Ik heb Wyeast een nieuwe mail gestuurd. Hieronder de tekst.

Dear Jess,

I smacked this pack like hell. The neighbours almost called the police. And yes: it did swell a bit. Half as much as normally. Than, after 6 hours, it stopped swelling completely. I thought that I smacked the pack but that the viability of this pack was very low, so I opened it to put it into 100 ml wort. Than I saw the intact inner pack. As I understand now, I did'nt smack the pack at all.

I am not the only one experiencing problems as you can see when following this link of the Hobby-brewers site of the Netherlands: there are quite a few others.

http://www.hobbybrouwen.nl/forum/index.php/topic,19054.new.html#new

I never had this problem before. Did Wyeast change the production-process? Is the plastic of the inner pack thicker than before? Is this pack 'better' sealed? I think it should not be as impossible to break the inner pack as it is now.

En dit is het antwoord van Wyeast:

Ed,

The materials used have not changed.  I will say that we do get a few e-mails from people that have issues popping the inner pack.  I will look into this and see if we may be able to make some changes to allow easier activation of the packs.  In the meantime, do you have any other questions regarding this pack?

Thanks,

Jess

Ronald_

CiteerWell, What are you going to do to make me a sitisfied costumer once again?

>:D

Ze kijken ernaar... toch? Het kan blijkbaar een keer gebeuren. Goed dat ik nu in elk geval weet wat zich in zo'n zakje kan afspelen.

Tags:

Zoeken met Google op deze site.
Brouwspullen zijn ook te koop via Bol.com.
Als je iets bestelt bij Bol.com (ook andere zaken dan brouwspullen) via deze link steun je het forum.

Het boek van de beheerder van deze site.