Brazilian Candy Sugar (caramel syrup)

Gestart door Wamser, 16-10-2010 07:22 u

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

Wamser

Hi friends...

I'm nostalgic, I remember the time when I helped my grandfather
to grind corn for the chickens. 1995.

Well ... now I'm here with my Dutch friends.

follows My recipe about candi sugar.
1KG Sugar
http://americamillsgroup.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/Refined_Sugar.137163701.jpg
,450Kg Bron sugar
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_WHO2tlgNHQ8/TBaPfvNezcI/AAAAAAAABBs/iB8lR9AUGp4/s1600/brown-sugar-scoop-b.jpg
5 ml lemon
,250ml Water

temperature
first stop 143 º C
add wather 1 cup
two stop 143º C

rich complex flavor ...very good
the problem; not kept syrup
to cool was "Stone" :'(

What should I do to keep syrup??

thanks, Wamser

Gerb

I am not sure whether I understand what you have done exactly. I appears to me that you made a candisyrup. Usually when the syrup is high viscous or even solid, it keeps very well. You shouldn't have any ussues with shelf-life.
*Edit* Now I understand! The syrup turned solid. For brewing purposes this is no problem. When the syrup is hot and viscous, pour it on baking paper (there is silicon on top) and let it cool. When it is cool and hard, break it (possibly with a hammer) and keep it in a jar until use.

Wamser

Citaat van: Gerb op 16-10-2010  09:36 uI am not sure whether I understand what you have done exactly. I appears to me that you made a candisyrup. Usually when the syrup is high viscous or even solid, it keeps very well. You shouldn't have any ussues with shelf-life.
*Edit* Now I understand! The syrup turned solid. For brewing purposes this is no problem. When the syrup is hot and viscous, pour it on baking paper (there is silicon on top) and let it cool. When it is cool and hard, break it (possibly with a hammer) and keep it in a jar until use.

But for the monks the candy sugar should be syrup...

In the netherlands has some recipe about candy sugar ?

MM

Citaat van: Wamser op 17-10-2010  02:51 uBut for the monks the candy sugar should be syrup...

In the netherlands has some recipe about candy sugar ?

I don't have a recipe, but candy sugar is widely used in Belgium and Dutch beers.

Wamser

Citaat van: MM op 18-10-2010  15:33 uI don't have a recipe, but candy sugar is widely used in Belgium and Dutch beers.

I know! But brew like a monk is written
the monks prefer in syrup.
there must be an explanation for it. I don't know.
but I want to make syrup.

strange me, so common in Belgium and Holland
and no one has a basic recipe. :weetniet:

I will search in the French sites
specialized in good recipes for sweets.

:degroeten: Wamser

MM

Citaat van: Wamser op 18-10-2010  16:17 uI know! But brew like a monk is written
the monks prefer in syrup.
there must be an explanation for it. I don't know.
but I want to make syrup.

strange me, so common in Belgium and Holland
and no one has a basic recipe. :weetniet:

I will search in the French sites
specialized in good recipes for sweets.

:degroeten: Wamser

The Zeezuiper Tripel of the Scheldebrouwerij uses candy sugar (kandijsuiker in Dutch). I couldn't find a recipe with it.

Gerb

MM, the guy wants to make candisyrup. Wamser, if you prepare the syrup and add some water to the mixture. Then keep the syrup in a closed bottle, it should not get hard.

Wamser

Citaat van: Gerb op 18-10-2010  17:08 uMM, the guy wants to make candisyrup. Wamser, if you prepare the syrup and add some water to the mixture. Then keep the syrup in a closed bottle, it should not get hard.

candisyrup is diferent of candy sugar?

candisyrup =>  syrup         
candy sugar =>   hard (like the one I did)
 :weetniet:

:degroeten:

Big Willem

Citaat van: Wamser op 18-10-2010  18:46 ucandisyrup is diferent of candy sugar?

candisyrup =>  syrup         
candy sugar =>   hard (like the one I did)
 :weetniet:

:degroeten:

If you'd boil candisyrup untill all the water has vaporized, then you'd end up with candy sugar. So put the water back in the candy sugar and you'll have syrup again.

RobinB

Perhaps a little bit late, but here is al link to a topic on how to make your own candisyrup, even with a link to a podcast! :)
http://www.hobbybrouwen.nl/forum/index.php/topic,12561.msg159968.html#msg159968

korek

A bit late it is, he's probably drunk the beer.

Tags:

Zoeken met Google op deze site.
Brouwspullen zijn ook te koop via Bol.com.
Als je iets bestelt bij Bol.com (ook andere zaken dan brouwspullen) via deze link steun je het forum.

Het boek van de beheerder van deze site.