Danstar Nottingham to Pilsen?

Gestart door Wamser, 23-04-2010 20:39 u

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

Wamser

Hi... :degroeten:

Can I use yeast DANSTAR NOTTINGHAM for to make a pilsen?
I want to produce a top-fermented beer... I know this is not the characteristic of this beer ... but it 's hard to find a yeast low fementação

"... It produces low concentrations of fruity aromas and estery and Has Been Described the neutral for an ale yeast, Allowing the full natural flavor of malt to Develop ..."

Wamser... :degroeten:

Jacques

For a pilsen you need a bottom fermenting yeast not a top fermenting yeast.

Oscar

Citaat van: Wamser op 23-04-2010  20:39 ubut it 's hard to find a yeast low fementação

No , it's not.... http://www.wyeastlab.com/hb_styledetails.cfm?ID=126   ;)

Wamser

Here in Brazil is not permitted entry of liquid yeast ... :huilen: :huilen: :huilen:
I purchased the yeast W34-70 for to pilsen

I will make a wheat beer and I use the WB-06 ...

Correct? :weetniet:

Oscar

Citaat van: Wamser op 23-04-2010  22:49 uI purchased the yeast W34-70 for to pilsen

That's a fine yeast for pilsen.... :)

Citaat van: Wamser op 23-04-2010  22:49 uHere in Brazil is not permitted entry of liquid yeast ... :huilen: :huilen: :huilen:

Why not ?

Wamser

Citaat van: Oscar op 23-04-2010  22:51 uWhy not ?

I do not know...but it sucks! can not do so good beers ...with yeast dry :huilen: :weetniet:
we can import liquid yeast up to $ 50 ...with cost transport ;)

I'll import good yeast to make a wheat beer Wyeast 3068 ... have another indication??

Wamser :degroeten:

RobinB

Of course you can make good beer with dry yeast.
W34/70 is perfect for a pilsen, it's a strain from weihenstephan.

Wamser

Citaat van: RobinB op 25-04-2010  18:32 uOf course you can make good beer with dry yeast.
W34/70 is perfect for a pilsen, it's a strain from weihenstephan.

and for a good wheat beer
what is the best dry yeast? Safbrew WB-06?!
or is there something better?
I can combine with another dry yeast for wheat beer?
 :biersmile: :proost: :degroeten:

RobinB

WB06 works fine for wheats.
Mash-in at 40 ºC for 15 mins. or so, this will stimulate ferrulic acid release into the wort for extra clove-flavour.

Wamser

Citaat van: RobinB op 26-04-2010  12:16 uWB06 works fine for wheats.
Mash-in at 40 ºC for 15 mins. or so, this will stimulate ferrulic acid release into the wort for extra clove-flavour.

Correct me if I'm wrong ...pleace!
Before inserting the yeast in the wort (already cooled to 18 C) I will put for 15 minutes in another wort or water at a temperature of 40 º C? and after I inserting this yeast in the wort. :proost:

OK! but the liquid yeast is not considered better than dry yeast? :weetniet:

:degroeten:

RobinB

Yes, there are more variations in liquid yeasts than in dry. Also the origin of the dry yeasts is often not known.
If liquid yeasts is not an option (or very hard/expensive) there is absolutely no problem with dry yeasts.
Only if properly handled of course, just as with liquids.

The 40 ºC suggestion was ONLY for mashing, NOT for fermentation. If you're already done with mashing, just forget it. (or remember it next time) :)

aldo

Yeast will die at 40º C!!!!!!! :police:

Jacques

Citaat van: aldo op 26-04-2010  16:43 uYeast will die at 40º C!!!!!!! :police:

You need a higher temperature to kill the yeast!

Adrie

Tags:

Zoeken met Google op deze site.
Brouwspullen zijn ook te koop via Bol.com.
Als je iets bestelt bij Bol.com (ook andere zaken dan brouwspullen) via deze link steun je het forum.

Het boek van de beheerder van deze site.