Recepten > For our non-Dutch speaking friends

Delta-gisten (Where to find?)

<< < (2/7) > >>

Jacques:

--- Citaat van: Hopmans op 22-04-2010  17:40 u ---Isn't it Fermentis nowadays?

--- Einde van citaat ---

No. This was yeast propagated by a Dutch guy (Sander Maasen).

Wamser:

--- Citaat van: Jacques op 22-04-2010  19:29 u ---No. This was yeast propagated by a Dutch guy (Sander Maassen).

--- Einde van citaat ---
Is there a substitute?

Oscar:

--- Citaat van: Wamser op 22-04-2010  20:13 u ---Is there a substitute?

--- Einde van citaat ---

Why ? If in a recipe a certain yeast is used, you kan easily use another yeast. A good recipe wil not yet make a good beer...It takes a lot more than just a good recipe to make good beer... :brouwen:

Jacques:

--- Citaat van: Wamser op 22-04-2010  20:13 u ---Is there a substitute?

--- Einde van citaat ---

Yes, the Wyeast yeast collection.

hansHalberstadt:
To explain a bit more:
The delta yeasts were indead selected and propagated by Sander Maassen when he was member of Triple-W (home brewing club) in Nijmegen at the period around 1995. I was also member of Triple-W at that time. (I still am at this moment). We had a lot of recipes published with these delta yeasts. It started with the delta-X yeast that was indead a very good one with high fermentation grade and neutral taste, however a disadvantage was that it produced a lot of foam that came outside the fermenting vessel. At this moment I have all these yeasts still on agar tubes, (delta x,v,t,p,e,w,m) however I believe that other yeasts are at least as good. By the way deltaM is the "wiekse witte gist"
One thing I really want to know is where the deltaX yeast comes from, but Sander never wanted to tell.
HansH      

Navigatie

[0] Berichtenindex

[#] Volgende pagina

[*] Vorige pagina

Naar de volledige versie