Heineken Oud Bruin

Gestart door anthayes, 26-04-2009 21:04 u

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

anthayes

I was in the Netherlands for Easter and encountered Heineken's Oud Bruin. It tastes a lot like a London Brown Ale.

Are there other Dutch beers like this?

Ant Hayes
Kent

RobinB

"Oud Bruin" (Old brown) is a beer type that is brewed bij most of the "larger" breweries in the Netherlands. Of these I like the one from Brand brewery best, slightly more hoppy and bitterness.

MO

The dark colour comes from E150. The sweetness comes from sugar. This is not a Dutch beer style to be proud of.

Oscar

Citaat van: MO op 02-05-2009  23:02 uThis is not a Dutch beer style to be proud of.

Nope is just a lager that's Diluted to ± 2,5% alcohol en colored en sweetend with karamel...

anthayes

Citaat van: Oscar op 02-05-2009  23:17 uNope is just a lager that's Diluted to ± 2,5% alcohol en colored en sweetend with karamel...

I quite liked the beer - for what it was. It was better than drinking a Coke, and the low alcohol is a pleasure. London Brown Ale has a bit more character (ale yeast helps) and is not quite as sweet.

Tags:

Zoeken met Google op deze site.
Brouwspullen zijn ook te koop via Bol.com.
Als je iets bestelt bij Bol.com (ook andere zaken dan brouwspullen) via deze link steun je het forum.

Het boek van de beheerder van deze site.